Saturday, April 9, 2016

Upcycle a Shirt into a Tote

   This much too big shirt was in need of an upcycle. So here's what I did!


Too big!

Supplies:
- Shirt
- Scissors
- Sewing machine
- Button
- Needle
- Thread
- Some pins


First, the sleeves, buttons, and the top part of the shirt were cut off.




Then, keeping the bag-to-be inside out, I sewed along the edges of the left, right, and bottom parts. 



On the top part of the bag, I folded over the edge so it wouldn't fray and sewed that as well.



Using material from the sleeves, I made a strap for the bag and sewed it on.




Using the needle and thread, I hand-sewed a button onto the front of the bag.



I also sewed a button loop on the opposite end of the bag. 



Lastly, I pinned and sewed a pocket onto the outside front of the bag.



The finished product:






~Gloria





4 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly awesome and creative! I can't wait to keep reading your blog and seeing more posts like these :) Thank you for sharing this!
    -Lauren <3
    lovingourcreator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you were able to create something you could use out of the shirt! And really awesome that you enjoyed doing it! The project would be torturous for me to complete considering my sewing skills (or lack of such).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I understand! At first I detested sewing but after seeing all the cool things people were doing with their old clothes (and pinning tons of posts) I eventually got into it.

      Delete

Comments always make my day. So go ahead, drop me one!