Thursday, December 10, 2015

Boy Birthday Card

   I don't know about you, but finding a birthday card for a brother who loves dirt, guns, and things that explode can be hard. So here's what I decided to do.


Supplies:

     - Green paper
     - A canon silhouette (which can be downloaded here)
     - Scissors
     - Glue
     - Thin string of some sort
     - Sharpie markers (I used black, red, orange, and yellow)
     - Pen


First, the canon silhouette and a puff of smoke I quickly sketched were cut out and glued onto the card.





A quick, witty, birthday wish on the front of the card.




To give the illusion of a burnt end, I used the black sharpie and just colored one end of the string.




Then I glued the string in place. 




I used the other three sharpies to draw a flame. 




Birthday card is complete!






~Gloria

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice idea! I like collecting cards, but every so often I do get stuck on boys' birthdays because so many of my birthday cards have flowers on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I often have the same problem. :)

      Delete

Comments always make my day. So go ahead, drop me one!