Saturday, August 27, 2016

Easy, Elegant Anniversary Card

     So this project was rather challenging because it needed to be fancy enough to be appropriate (it was their 20th anniversary after all) but easy enough to be completed in a few hours (procrastination, thy name is Gloria). 


Supplies:

- Clipboard
- 1 sheet of printer paper
- 1 sheet of thicker paper, appropriate for card making
- Scissors
- Pencil
- Black pen
- Red pen
- Eraser







   First, take the top and bottom ends of both sheets of paper and fold in half.





   With the pencil, draw half a heart on the folded edge of the printer paper and then cut it out.






   Discard the cutout, align the printer paper over your card, and slip both into the clipboard.






   Since I can't write straight, I drew lines for myself with a ruler and pencil.





   With the pencil, carefully write out your selected text (I chose 1 Corinthians 13:4-13). Be sure to completely fill the heart with words. The key is to keep the text aligned as closely as possible with the edges of the heart cutout. If needed, split a word in half using a dash. 





   Trace over it with your pen. I decided to use a red pen every time the word "charity" (the old English word for love) appeared. 





   Finally, remove heart cutout and after waiting a little while for the ink to dry, carefully erase all pencil marks. 





   Personalize your card and, voila, it's complete!








~Gloria






10 comments:

  1. Dear Gloria...this is my first time visiting your blog and I must say, all you do here is quite lovely!
    This card is so darling- all the detail is so impressive.
    Also, your handwriting is BEAUTIFUL!

    Many blessings to you, dear sister.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea, and it turned out beautifully! My sister's name is Charity, so that's a favorite scripture passage in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent idea! I think I'll be trying that next time I need to make a card. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing job .you turned simple things in a so lovely card .
    Best wishes for your weekend dear

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day. So go ahead, drop me one!